[T3] Regulator going down again!

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Thu May 17 18:15:18 PDT 2012

I pulled the generator today and refiled the brushes.  Lets see how this
works.  I dug out a VERY nasty looking core to rebuild for the next time I
need a new unit and sure enough, it had the brushes with the ramp away from
the springs!  It looked pretty bad but the commutator looks really good,
nice low wear unit.

The one thing about the unit Im using now is there is some end play, the PTO
bearing is a bit loose in its housing.

Keith

Top Notch Restorations
topnotch at nycap.rr.com