[T3] 1 month from yesterday!!!

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Mon May 21 22:15:00 PDT 2012

On 20 May 2012 at 23:50, Bobsnotch at aol.com wrote:

> Popped the cap off, and we were  looking at the ignition points
> (checking that they did open), and found that the  plastic piece that
> holds the moveable part to the stationary part had slipped  out of
> it's slot. put in back in place, re-installed the cap, and it fired
> right  up. Apparently that piece had moved just enough to ground out
> the points, not  allowing the car to start. :O

That plastic piece has a tab that should slip into a slot in the
stationary metal base. It's easy to slip the points together and not
get that tab inserted right, but getting that tab in there is
essential. It will never slip out once it's installed right.

I know you understand this, but this is a good lesson for everyone.
Sorry it turned your day sour.

And, certainly, thanks to John for coming to your rescue.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org