[T3] Update on engine dying when stopping after leaving Interstate

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Mon May 21 22:15:01 PDT 2012

On 20 May 2012 at 20:01, Jim Adney wrote:

> If rear running lights don't work, it's usually a bulb. I'm not home
> now, so I can't look at a wiring diagram, but one of the rear
> taillights is on the same wire as the license plate lights. That may
> help narrow down the problem.

It's the RR running light that's on the same wire and fuse as the
license light. If the license light is on, but the RR taillight
isn't, the problem is almost certainly either a bad RR bulb, or poor
contact somewhere near the bulb.

If both are out, it could be the fuse, but it could also be multiple
bulbs.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org