[T3] TMI seat covers

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Fri May 4 19:23:01 PDT 2012

I just did the seats for the Crate. and boy was I miffed!  TMI has a great
reproduction of the salt and pepper Mesh, looks just like the original, but
they totally
Blew the look by using some mottled dark grey smooth vinyl!  How could they
screw up the EASY part and get the tough part right?!?  The original smooth
vinyl is a light grey, and NOT mottled, and it must be available anywhere in
any shade yet they used something that isn't anything like the original but
got the Mesh right.

How could they screw up the easy to get smooth vinyl sections?  Boy!  You
gotta check each and every part when you get something done!

Anywho, I would have thought that the lowbacks would be easier to do than
the highbacks Ive done several times before but I just couldn't get the
seatbacks stretched out properly, the covers just seemed a little too big in
circumference.  They are OK. but not nearly as nice as the highbacks Ive
done before.  The seat bottoms were perfect, no complaints there  The back
seat was OK although the new covers went on with the spikes and not like the
originals with the hogrings, and the bottom section was a bit loose,
although I did stretch in place.

So Im not really happy with the smooth vinyl color or the fit of the lowback
seatbacks but other than that they are OK

Be sure to question the supplier on everything if your trying to match the
originals!

Keith

Top Notch Restorations
topnotch at nycap.rr.com