[T3] Invasion caravan

Gary Forsmo gbforsmo at gmail.com
Sat May 19 11:37:59 PDT 2012

Three things:
1)  Beverly and I are new to the Type 3 Invasion scene.  We're looking
forward to meeting all the new faces and people who have been so
helpful with advice over the past two years.
2)  The base plate which we (a LOT of time & help from Jim A. and
Randy Malcook) are building for towing our '69 T3 Square to Colorado
behind our motor home, is in the final weld stage.  Everything was
"tack welded" in place on either the free standing axle beam or the
car.  A couple of last steps:
A) a short test drive to be sure the car "behaves" while being towed and
B)  create a wiring harness so the running/turn signal/stop lights on
the car operate in concert with the coach.
3)  Jim & Melissa; Bev & I plan to join the caravan somewhere along
the John Jaranson I-80 route.

Here's an "open" offer:
Spouses who may wish to "take a break" from riding in their T3 are
welcome to ride with us, in our (air conditioned, refrigerator,
bathroom, etc.) 38' diesel powered motor home for a period of time.
Maybe between fuel stops?

I'm not trying to start a new version of Family Feud, but I know the
T3 seats, no air conditioning, and confined space makes for a long
day, sometimes.  We have seat belts for an additional 5 or 6 people.

Gary "Frito" - '69 Variant, FI, MT
Rockport, TX (winter)
Lake Geneva, WI (summer)