[T3] 1970 steering column and allen bolts-help!

John L. Morgan IV emailjohnmorgan at gmail.com
Wed May 30 17:51:41 PDT 2012

Ok, I need some help with my steering column, the two allen bolts
underneath, and the nut plate.

Mike Fisher just hooked me up with a nut plate and a new allen bolt (one of
mine was stripped), yet I am not sure how the nut plate goes under the
column.  Either mine has been missing since I bought the car or I just
can't see it?!?!

Can anyone help me out with this?

Here is a photo of my 1970 fastback's steering column
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v461/aurorakooba/?action=view&current=IMG_2374.jpg

And here is a link to Mike's allen bolt and column nut plate.
http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u236/mr_bojangles500/?action=view&current=Photo07301349.jpg
How does the plate attach?  Am I missing something?  Does it slide in?  How
do I get that sucker in there?

Thanks for any help.  I am desperately trying to fix the wobble in the
wheel.

John
Richmond, VA