[T3] Tires

Soren Jacobsen snj at pobox.com
Tue Nov 6 13:12:30 PST 2012

On Nov 5, 2012, at 5:27 PM, Keith Park <topnotch at nycap.rr.com> wrote:

> I did a lot of research on tires last summer, Nankang is the worst choice
> out there right now, and if you found Kumho's in the stock size you found
> some OLD tires!  Watch out... they haven't been made since 2008 and you
> state may have rules about not touching tires that are more than 5 years
> old.
>
> Federals are a good choice, and cheap.
>
> The Kumho's are excellent tires tough so if you can get them and get away
> with it go for it!  I looked EVERYWHERE and couldn't find any!  Does that
> shop ship tires??

I doubt they'll ship tires.  They're a national chain and they have a separate mail order (well, internet order) side of the business: http://www.discounttiredirect.com/

Unfortunately, they seem to only have the Kumhos available at the brick and mortar stores, and I see that there are none in New York.  Time to make a road trip, maybe? :)

I ended up ordering some Nexens for the Variant.  I still haven't been able to find out much about them, and I don't have the highest of hopes, but they're bound to be better than the ancient tires it's currently sitting on.

Soren