[T3] Irregular Idle....again...

Gary Forsmo gbforsmo at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 09:26:44 PST 2012

Yes sir.
My idle speed oscillates (per Bob H.'s comment) up and down, when just
started (engine cold) ... even in VERY warm ambient temperatures.

FWIW, I always (try to)
1)  start the engine;
2)  drive the car at reasonable speeds (25 to 45 mph) for 4 to 5 miles.

Doing that, (a practice which Jim A., and others, seem to recommend,
also) when I come to a traffic light/stop sign which makes me idle the
engine ... idle speed is stable.  No up and down surging.

My experience,  after starting the engine, and NOT driving the car, is
... and ever  since I bought the car (NEW) in 1969, has always been,
... a period of surging.

The surging never bothers me because I know the idle speed (on MY CAR)
will settle down when the engine warms up in a few minutes/miles.

Gary "Frito" - '69 Variant, FI, MT
Rockport, TX (winter)
Lake Geneva, WI (summer)