[T3] Irregular Idle....again...

J. Jonik j_jonik at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 11 11:53:51 PST 2012

----  No, when putting 73 engine into the 71, I did not bring along the
pressure sensor or brain box because, basically, all I changed was the
engine block.  All the other components...injectors, generator, temp
sensor, coil, AAR, TVS, distributor, were just what was in the 71 to
begin with.  Engine sounds like it's running great...except for this
idle thing.  Except when revved, it jerks when driving...kinda as if I
was towing a trailer.

---  The clamps on those fat manifold hoses
 are not centered over where the pipes meet. They are off to the side a
bit, towards the air distributor....which a T-III mechanic advised a
good while ago.    So, the hoses allow for any slight movement.  I
wasn't aware that movement was the reason to not center the clamps. Good
 to know.

---  What are effects if AAR isn't working?