[T3] Throttle Valve Switch and AAR, etc.

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sun Nov 11 19:27:50 PST 2012

On 11 Nov 2012 at 16:58, J. Jonik wrote:

> "adjusted" TVS using the 'click' -and-one-notch-further method.

That method is only valid for the 68-9 TVS, the one with 2 terminals.
It doesn't work for any of the later versions. So your TVS is now
"unadjusted."

> I don't know what to even try next....except desperation switching
> parts from my collection.

Not a good plan. Swapping in random parts just widens the field of
unknowns.

>  I may also get new plugs (current ones were pretty black before
> cleaning them a few days ago)

How did you clean the plugs? Cleaning them with a wire brush can
leave metallic tracks on the insulator, leading to mis-firing.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org