[T3] Oil Leak and Backfire

Brion Sabbatino brionsab at msn.com
Tue Nov 13 18:41:38 PST 2012

Since the previous owner had run the car before parking it for six years, I cleaned the tank, fuel lines, changed the oil, and started it. I did not set the valves ( I should have). I wanted to see what I was dealing with.

I only ran it about one mile before discovering the leak and in ability to adjust the left side carburetor. I then parked it until I could dive into the causes.

Seems I am always anxious to see if a new one will just turn over and run. Never have seen a push rod like this before. The rod was straight, another shocker. I was certain it had to be bent.

Brion S
S. Utah