[T3] Irregular Idling...again...Update

J. Jonik j_jonik at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 15 11:55:56 PST 2012

----   No, there are no hoses, or closed-off places for hoses, coming from the heads.

---  The engine that I recently removed from my 71 was a 72 engine.   The engine I put in was from my 73 parts car.
      I kept the distributor that was in the 72 engine....but I may have long ago salvaged that one from the 73 anyway.
     With so many years of trading parts, I guess I don't know which engine block is from what year car.

---  Suction test says that the advance is working.   What are differences among 71, 72 and 73 distributors?

--- I have timing set for top dead center.  But, one thing I tried was to loosen distributor timing set nut and to slowly rotate distributor this way and that to see if I'd magically find the right setting that would make the engine idle properly.   That trick didn't show anything useful.

--- Valve cover gaskets seem ok.   No oil leakage.  And valves all set right.