[T3] 1969 Square

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Sun Nov 18 18:04:14 PST 2012

In a message dated 11/18/2012 8:44:22 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
brionsab at msn.com writes:

Had a  day to work on the square. Got a lot done.

Removed the left side  cylinder head. Checked it for damage. Looked good.
Re-installed the cylinder,  push rod tubes (had a leaking seal that was
installed incorrectly), push rods  (seated them correctly), and rocker arms. I
then turned the engine over  several times manually to be sure all components
seated correctly. Set all the  valves. Got to use my new tool (Screw driver
and wrench in one. Made in USA  from CB Perf). Once I got the hang of it I
will never go back to the old two  tool method. Went around one more time to
double check. Installed all clean  sheet metal on left side. Installed
Generator and coil. Hooked up wiring.  Installed heat exchanger. Checked points
and gap. Hooked up distributor and  plug wires.

Cleaned old no name aftermarket exhaust to bare metal.  Painted three coats
of high temperature black. Did this in the am. Installed  exhaust system
tonight.

Had a new EMPI exhaust system in a box. It  came with a bunch of parts I
bought. I opened it and was not impressed.  Nothing like the products of the
early seventies.That is why I cleaned up the  old exhaust.

So, now I need to install the left side solex. Drain the  fuel again.
Change the oil.

Then start her up, set the timing, balance  the carburetors. Take her for a
spin and evaluate if all is well under the  trunk.

All I can say is it is about time!

Sounds like a good Type 3 day. : )

64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)