[T3] 1969 Square

Brion Sabbatino brionsab at msn.com
Sun Nov 18 17:44:17 PST 2012

Had a day to work on the square. Got a lot done.

Removed the left side cylinder head. Checked it for damage. Looked good. Re-installed the cylinder, push rod tubes (had a leaking seal that was installed incorrectly), push rods (seated them correctly), and rocker arms. I then turned the engine over several times manually to be sure all components seated correctly. Set all the valves. Got to use my new tool (Screw driver and wrench in one. Made in USA from CB Perf). Once I got the hang of it I will never go back to the old two tool method. Went around one more time to double check. Installed all clean sheet metal on left side. Installed Generator and coil. Hooked up wiring. Installed heat exchanger. Checked points and gap. Hooked up distributor and plug wires.

Cleaned old no name aftermarket exhaust to bare metal. Painted three coats of high temperature black. Did this in the am. Installed exhaust system tonight.

Had a new EMPI exhaust system in a box. It came with a bunch of parts I bought. I opened it and was not impressed. Nothing like the products of the early seventies.That is why I cleaned up the old exhaust.

So, now I need to install the left side solex. Drain the fuel again. Change the oil.

Then start her up, set the timing, balance the carburetors. Take her for a spin and evaluate if all is well under the trunk.

All I can say is it is about time!

Brion S.
S. Utah