[T3] Heater hose

Brion Sabbatino brionsab at msn.com
Tue Nov 20 08:41:13 PST 2012

The length that my 1969 Squareback requires is 180mm long (approx. 7 1/8"). Maybe a little longer would help snug it up. That beetle one is 14.5" long. It compressed enough to fit? It has been a long time since I have held one in my hand to remember.

What is everyone doing about the smaller fresh air hose at the warm air mixer? Just capping it off with a 1 3/8" rubber cap?

Seems if left unaddressed it will just introduce dirt, dust, engine smells, and moister into the cabin.

Yes, Jim you are correct, 60mm ID or 2 3/8". I wonder it my sheet metal crimping tool could modify 2 1/2" tubing. Or maybe cutting two, three or four 1/4" slots lengthwise would aid in a satisfactory seal.

Brion S.
S. Utah