[T3] [T3} Striker Plate

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Tue Nov 20 22:05:13 PST 2012

On 20 Nov 2012 at 20:34, Gary Forsmo wrote:

> >> I guess I'll have to find a Rear Hatch Strike Plate down here in
> >> Texas, cut it apart to see how it was built.
>
> >I don't think you'll have to go that far. The photo someone else
> >posted answers your questions.
>
> The photos are helpful, but it doesn't tell me
> 1)  the EXACT dimensions of the "parts", or
> 2)  the density of the material that needs to be molded.

If I can find a good one, I'll use it to make a mold to cast
replacements.

It's probably also important to note that there are buffers on each
side of the squareback rear door that can and should be adjusted to
stiffen up the door. It's best to let all 3 parts share that load.

The buffers on the sides have rubber in them, so they don't crack.
The bottom striker plate has hard plastic buffers that eventually
shrink and crack off the striker plate. Something more resilient
would last longer.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org