[T3] Heater Hose

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Wed Nov 21 03:25:55 PST 2012

I can well believe that.  I was driving a carload of school kids in my 1964
Variant on a very cold day, so had the heaters on.  However, the rear vents
were fully open and one of the kids put the rubber floor mat over the outlet
to save his feet getting boiled rather than ask if the heat could be turned
down.  The smell of burning rubber some time later alerted me to what had
been done and the culprit owned up ('fessed up).

Before the hot air was thermostatically controlled, it certainly could get
hot on a fast run.

Dave
UK VW Type 3&4 Club