[T3] Heater hose

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Wed Nov 21 03:42:50 PST 2012

I assume the reason why VW didn't use one long length of the card stuff was
to allow the engine to be installed (and removed) easily!  Since the card
tube is easy to destroy just getting it off the metal pipe once it's been
there a few years (well, 30!), that's only a good reason for initial
assembly.  Maybe they would have had to use a higher temp tube material near
the heat exchangers.  Usually the cost is what drives changes, but I imagine
that cranked tube and brackets would increase the cost.

Dave
UK VW Type 3&4 Club