[T3] Windshield up date

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sat Nov 10 19:49:13 PST 2012

On 28 Oct 2012 at 20:57, Dennis Stiefel wrote:

> Some of the stuff we got from ISP has been good like the dash pad.  But
> this and giving us a Squareback rear apron and not telling us that the
> holes for the latch are about 1/2" further apart.  Of course we didn't
> figure that out till the body shop had already installed and painted
> it.

I've been wondering about that, Dennis. A Square apron would not have
had the little tube for the latch release, and a Type 34 would have
been completely different. Did you have to add that? If your apron
came with the tube (or the hole for the tube) it must have come from
a notch or a fasty.

Looking at the microfilm, it appears that there were several versions
of this plate, and notch ones were different in some years.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org