[T3] Windshield up date

Dennis Stiefel dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org
Sat Nov 10 20:10:24 PST 2012

On 28 Oct 2012 at 20:57, Dennis Stiefel wrote:

> Some of the stuff we got from ISP has been good like the dash pad.
> But this and giving us a Squareback rear apron and not telling us that
> the holes for the latch are about 1/2" further apart.  Of course we
> didn't figure that out till the body shop had already installed and
> painted it.

I've been wondering about that, Dennis. A Square apron would not have had
the little tube for the latch release, and a Type 34 would have been
completely different. Did you have to add that? If your apron came with the
tube (or the hole for the tube) it must have come from a notch or a fasty.

Looking at the microfilm, it appears that there were several versions of
this plate, and notch ones were different in some years.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org

We added the tube but the holes looked so close to the latch we had we
thought all we had to do was add the tube and it was close with in 1/2 " but
not close enough.

Dennis