[T3] Notch harness routing?

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sat Nov 10 19:49:13 PST 2012

On 30 Oct 2012 at 11:04, Gary Forsmo wrote:

> What really "gets my goat" is ULSD #2 clear Diesel for the motor home is $4.099.

We're home now, back from the US southwest. We ran across #2 Diesel
ranging from $4.49 (which I DIDN'T buy) to $3.69 (which I DID buy!)
Oddly, the cheapest was in Iowa, not Texas. $4.09 and $4.19 were
common.

We had an overnight stay with Leo in CO, to spend the night and
deliver a gas tank (that I picked up in Tucson) for his '69 FI notch.
Turned out that he seemed to have a broken wire between the main FI
power relay under the back seat and the fuel pump relay under the
dash. I wasn't able to fix that on this short visit, but Leo and his
son, Ryan, will work on that soon.

That harness appears to run inside the L rocker, even on '69 Notches,
so that's one more thing that VW kept different on the later Notches.
I couldn't see where that wire might be broken. Is there somewhere
that it might be more vulnerable?

I'm going thru my email now, so you'll see some responses to some old
threads that you may have forgotten about. Sorry for the delay.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org