[T3] Crates engine

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Mon Nov 12 18:21:10 PST 2012

Got the case together on the Crate engine, everything seems nice, got the
pistons loaded into the jugs, the ring end gap was right in spec so they
didn't hone them too much,  the heads are back together.  That's as far as
its going for now.

The T4 engine case is back, (with its shipping box!  :-)) from Brothers
machine shop (RIMCO wasn't recommended for the T4 case bore).  Got to get
that case together now too.  BIG problems with parts quality in the T4
world..  I need to find some older Kolbenschmidt rod bearings for it, nobody
has any idea if the new bearings out there are any good.  I also need to get
an old 30mm schadek oil pump together, anyone have one of those they want to
sell?

Keith

Top Notch Restorations
topnotch at nycap.rr.com