[T3] ebay troubleshooting card

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Wed Nov 28 18:16:31 PST 2012

I recently bought an old VW/Bosch dealership troubleshooting guide on
ebay. It turned out to be smaller than I expected, but it's in nice
condition and printed on glossy card stock so that it can get dirty
and get wiped off. It goes over the FI and the charging system for
our Type 3s. It turned out to be interesting but not particularly
useful.

It was apparently translated directly from German into English, by
someone who didn't know English very well, so the English is, well,
humorous. Plus it's just wrong in a number of it's conclusions.

For example, it leads you thru the testing of the generator and the
voltage regulator, but then tells you to replace the wrong part. In
other words, if the generator is okay, replace the generator.

;-)

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org