[T3] dipstick question

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Tue Oct 2 06:40:35 PDT 2012

On 2 Oct 2012 at 21:58, Brent Bottolfson wrote:

> Just saw these and remembered this.  $3 is a good deal.
>
> http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1116530

I never knew that there were 2 different lengths of dipstick sockets.
I tried to find it in the parts list, but couldn't. Oddly, it's not
listed with all the rest of the dipstick parts.

Anyone know where it's listed, or when/where the 2 versions were
used?

I still need to look at some of my spare dipsticks, to see what the
plating looks like on them. I don't ever recall seeing any problem
there. They should always be oily enough that corrosion would never
be a problem.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org