[T3] dipstick question

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Tue Oct 2 07:33:00 PDT 2012

Parts book only lists Oil filler neck 311 813 313 A, but says up to chassis
311 2031 555 you have to use boot part no. 311 115 329 B, so I assume there
are indeed two lengths of the neck, as is apparent on the photos.

I assume the dipsticks are the same (not for Type 34) - I'm not sure why the
difference is critical anyway.

Someone will be able to look at early and late and tell us, I expect.

As far as plating is concerned, maybe it's just been painted and that's
flaking off - I did my fuel cap with a blow over of rattle can alumin(i)um,
and that's flaking in places.  The normal zinc coating wears thin and the
steel rusts in damp climates.

Dave
UK VW Type 3&4 Club