[T3] Oil Light Flickering...

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Tue Oct 2 21:15:38 PDT 2012

On 2 Oct 2012 at 16:45, J. Jonik wrote:

> Wow.  Different oil switches.   Who knew?  So, how to tell them apart?  Which ones, with the right numbers stamped in, go with what engines?
>   I'm down to my last oil pressure sensor that doesn't leak (much). But if I find who has some to spare, how to know which to buy (or trade for something)?

I have Brazilian ones that have been working fine for me.

>   But,  the "new" engine with flickering light does smell a bit hot after a while.

Old engines that have sat for a long time will often smell more that
ones that have been run regularly. Part of that is ring sealing,
which may have to break in again, but I think most of it is oil that
has migrated to spots it never would have gotten to on a regularly
used engine.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org