[T3] Oil Light Flickering...

J. Jonik j_jonik at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 2 16:45:51 PDT 2012

Wow.  Different oil switches.   Who knew?  So, how to tell them apart?  Which ones, with the right numbers stamped in, go with what engines?
  I'm down to my last oil pressure sensor that doesn't leak (much). But if I find who has some to spare, how to know which to buy (or trade for something)?

  But,  the "new" engine with flickering light does smell a bit hot after a while.  Old engine had flickering oil light too.

  By the way, having just removed an engine that's been in the car for about ten years, a periodic check of tightness of nuts holding muffler and heater boxes to the engine is recommended.    I found one nut gone (!!) and another that let black charcoal coated leak go for a while, and some that were tight, but Too Easy to remove.  This is partly due to my stolen floor jack three or four years ago. Too hard to go underneath without that.   Haven't looked hard, but it's rare to see a jack in stores that's long enough to accommodate the entire engine, incl. muffler, when removing or installing.

On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 1:05 PM, <Bobsnotch at aol.com> wrote:

> In a message dated 10/2/2012 12:37:41 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
> j_jonik at yahoo.com writes:

 So...question is...could it be that the oil
 cooler may be a tad  sluggish after sitting in the yard, in the 73 car,
 for about 8 or ten  years?   If so, would that cause oil light flicker?
 Or,  what else might be suspect?