[T3] Corn Fuel and Type III engines

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Wed Oct 3 16:25:43 PDT 2012

Most stuff like fuel and hydraulic hoses has to have a date marked on it
now.

I got some eastern brake hoses that lasted just a year before cracking down
to the reinforcement fabric.

There's a guy on ebay UK trying to sell a pair of handbrake cables he claims
are nearly new, for a Golf 3.  What he doesn't realise is they have a date
stamp on one photo of 07 97, in other words the ones that came on the car 15
years ago!

I used to joke that my Golf has the day, month and year marked on its brake
hoses, my Variant has the month and year on its, and the Beetle has the
century marked on its!

Dave
UK VW Type 3&4 Club