[T3] Headliner and elbows

Brent Bottolfson brent at bottolfson.net
Fri Oct 5 05:25:14 PDT 2012

Hey Dennis.  I took a bunch of photos installing my $100 TMI headliner
into my 69 Fastback.

I took some flack from TheSamba crowd when I pulled it too tight and and
the bows caused the middle section to have a downward hump in it.  But,
after that I used a heat gun and stretched it out some more, and it
turned out really nice.  I don't think I took photos after stretching
though.

I think Kieth mentioned it already, but use the the contact cement that
comes in a red bottle.  The green stuff is low VOC and doesn't work
well.  I think I used about 2.5 of the small bottles of red label DAP brand.

Although it's not perfect, I'm pretty proud how nice it turned out for
my first time doing a headliner.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=458662&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=420

-Brent