[T3] Headliner and elbows

Dennis Stiefel dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org
Fri Oct 5 05:55:05 PDT 2012

Hey Dennis.  I took a bunch of photos installing my $100 TMI headliner into
my 69 Fastback.

I took some flack from TheSamba crowd when I pulled it too tight and and the
bows caused the middle section to have a downward hump in it.  But, after
that I used a heat gun and stretched it out some more, and it turned out
really nice.  I don't think I took photos after stretching though.

I think Kieth mentioned it already, but use the the contact cement that
comes in a red bottle.  The green stuff is low VOC and doesn't work well.  I
think I used about 2.5 of the small bottles of red label DAP brand.

Although it's not perfect, I'm pretty proud how nice it turned out for my
first time doing a headliner.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=458662&postdays=0&postorder
=asc&start=420

-Brent
Hey that's great.  Just what we need.  Where did you get the insulation?  We
probably need to do that too but I'm not sure our budget and time restraints
will allow that.

Dennis