[T3] “cLicK”

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Fri Oct 5 05:17:45 PDT 2012

On 5 Oct 2012 at 5:00, miah wrote:

> When I press my foot on the Brake Pedal I hear a "cLicK" I can ignore
> this most of the time but I want to resolve the issue once and for all.

> My Gut tells me it´s from the Push Button Brake Warning Light. I removed
> the bulb a long time ago... So is the voltage not circulating through to
> the Ground Wire causing this click sound?

No, it's not that warning light, so you might as well put the bulb
back in.

> If it´s not that, what could be causing this Click sound when I press
> the Brake Pedal?

> VWVEGAN  71´ SqBk

Didn't someone ask this same question last week? I believe it's the
turn signal relay making a bit of noise as the 12 V supply
experiences a slight dip when the TS bulbs go suddenly on. This is
pretty common with the '68-70 cars, but I've not experienced it with
the later ones.

Other than the slight noise, it's harmless. If you really want to fix
it, you could replace that relay or replace the electrolytic
capacitors in the relay.

If you want to test this, just unplug the TS relay and see if the
click goes away. The relay plugs into the top of the fuse box on '71
and later cars.
Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org