[T3] Stopping Squeaks

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Tue Oct 9 05:23:08 PDT 2012

Maybe the ad wasn't shown in the USA.  It looked as if it was filmed there.
There was a similar one with a diesel Golf/Rabbit - old timber shed gas
station, the only one for miles,  so the old guy and wife came outside when
they heard the distant car approaching, waited in keen anticipation of a
sale, hose in hand, only to be disappointed when the VW went past without
stopping - VW Diesel, 600 miles on a tankful (or something similar).

Yes, I see that would happen to a rubber bushing.  Certainly VW suggest
putting the assembly together with talcum powder, so I assume it just helps
assembly and makes sure the rubber isn't torn when compressed into the
spring-plate or cover recess.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3&4 Club.