[T3] E10

Gary Forsmo gbforsmo at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 08:31:31 PDT 2012

Dave --

On Keith's behalf, his Mercury outboard isn't "just an outboard", it's a
well-loved piece of vintage machinery, and goes well with the lovely Pen-Yan
speedboat that has been in the family for decades and which Keith has
lovingly and beautifully restored.

Good for Keith.

I did NOT want to extol the incomparable virtues of Mercury outboards
too vociferously because some members on the List know I worked in
Corporate Mercury for over 25+ years.  It might have been construed as
"boastful".

I worked for Merc when 99.% of all production outboards
(Mercury/Johnson/Evinrude) were manufactured in a stretch of 115 miles
from Fond du Lac, WI to Waukegan, IL.  That fact, always seemed unique
to me.

In those early years, I was extremely proud to work for the best
outboard motor company in the world.

OK ... I'll get off my soapbox, now.

Gary "Frito" - '69 Variant, FI, MT
Rockport, TX (winter)