[T3] Rubber Boots for Type 3

Brent Bottolfson brent at bottolfson.net
Fri Oct 26 09:07:00 PDT 2012

On 10/26/12 11:57 AM, Bobsnotch at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 10/25/2012 5:16:47 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
> gbforsmo at gmail.com writes:
>
> Does  anyone have a source for "all things rubber"?
>

> Gary, That just doesn't exist anymore. It used to be WCM (West Coast
> Metric), but over the years they've discontinued a bunch of rubber parts. The
> best thing to do, is get a copy of the parts book, then look thru it, figuring
>   out what you really need, then searching for those bits (shop around, as
> it  really pays to do so). Auto Atlanta does have some hard to find rubber
> bits  (mostly the D-Jet FI stuff), but you'll pay Porsche prices for it  (they
> deal with Porsche parts). CIP still sells WCM rubber parts too (cheaper
> than WCM sells them for), but you want to have good part numbers before
> ordering  from them. ISP West offers rubber bits too, but expect to pay Porsche
> prices for  their items (they're priced that way :O). By the way, most of
> their rubber  products are made with the same rubber (and molds) that WCM uses
> (according  to Anthony from ISP). This can be both a good thing, or bad
> depending on how you  look at it. But as far as I know, there's no 1 stop place
> to shop for rubber  parts.
>
> Bob 65 Notch  S with sunroof and IRS (Krusty)
> 64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)
I replaced every rubber grommet when I put my Fastback back together.

A combination of parts found on McMaster-Carr, Type 1 stuff, and some
411 grommets I found online.  Not everything is an exact match, but
pretty darn close.

In addition to WCM/CIP, Wolfsburg West and Bughaus have a lot of those
rubber parts and are good quality.

-Brent