[T3] Windshield in

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Fri Oct 26 13:29:36 PDT 2012

In a message dated 10/26/2012 2:19:56 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
topnotch at nycap.rr.com writes:

Take  some black RTV, the high-temp stuff, NOT regular unless you can find
stash of old high-VOC stuff around because it will turn bright yellow in
the
sun.  The high temp stuff makes a mess but it wont change color...  clean
the
groove with alcohol and run a bead in there, then find the person  with the
best skills and steady fingers and wipe the bead in, wiping away  any
excess.
Have plenty of paper towel handy and DON'T do this on a Humid  day.  They
usually leak around the glass too and a bead there is  necessary.

WOW, I'm glad I used the older style WCM "Cal look" style seal. Sue and I
just did that on my 71 Sq-vert yesterday, and ALL we used was some soapy
water  and some muscles. It shouldn't need any of that stuff you mentioned
above, as it  fit pretty damn good, and has that nice "extended" lip on the
outside. : )  This was even with a 4 year old "new" re-pop windshield from EIS
parts, and a 4  year old new WCM seal. The glass was supposed to go into my
old 71 Notch, but I  had a seal issue with the ISP seal I was going to use
(it was too long), so we  just pulled the glass and seal out of the Sq-vert
back then, and just put it  in.

What did surprise me though, was that the "new" window had some bubbling in
 1 of the corners, meaning it is already trying to delaminate. :O I'll have
to  keep an eye on it though, as I haven't had that issue with any of the
PPG  re-pops that I've got.

64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)