[T3] Windshield in

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Fri Oct 26 17:07:27 PDT 2012

The EIS I got had to have 1/2" cut off the top to get it in!
You got lucky!  :-)

Keith

Top Notch Restorations
topnotch at nycap.rr.com
71 Squareback "Hothe"
65 Notchback "El Baja Rojo"
65 Squareback "Eggcrate"
87 golf "Winterat"
93 RX7 "Redstur"

WOW, I'm glad I used the older style WCM "Cal look" style seal. Sue and I
just did that on my 71 Sq-vert yesterday, and ALL we used was some soapy
water  and some muscles. It shouldn't need any of that stuff you mentioned
above, as it  fit pretty damn good, and has that nice "extended" lip on the
outside. : )  This was even with a 4 year old "new" re-pop windshield from
EIS
parts, and a 4  year old new WCM seal. The glass was supposed to go into my
old 71 Notch, but I  had a seal issue with the ISP seal I was going to use
(it was too long), so we  just pulled the glass and seal out of the Sq-vert
back then, and just put it  in.

What did surprise me though, was that the "new" window had some bubbling in
 1 of the corners, meaning it is already trying to delaminate. :O I'll have
to  keep an eye on it though, as I haven't had that issue with any of the
PPG  re-pops that I've got.

64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)