[T3] Windshield in

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Fri Oct 26 13:37:39 PDT 2012

In a message dated 10/26/2012 4:24:45 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org writes:

I was  afraid of a leak issue after seeing what it looked like after we
installed  it. Good to know we can fix it with the black RTV.  I'm assuming
like  what permatex makes.  I'm disappointed in this and a couple more
things
we got from ISP.  But we got some good stuff too but I can't  believe they
sale something this inferior.  I guess they expect you to  put the RTV to it
like you said.

Another option would be to use some 3M window weld in a caulk tube.  I've
had good success with it on several other projects, and it doesn't seem to
color fade.

The "American style" window seal seems to be a big problem for our cars, as
 it seems nobody can get it right. I was talking with Tram a few weeks ago,
back  when he was doing a windshield seal for a list member, and was having
all sorts  of issues with it (it too was an ISP seal). He basically called
that seal junk,  as it just wouldn't fit properly (not up to his standards).
I don't remember  where he said he got another seal from, but it was a much
better fit.

64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)