[T3] Rubber Boots for Type 3

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Sat Oct 27 05:02:25 PDT 2012

In a message dated 10/26/2012 11:21:49 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jadney at vwtype3.org writes:

No,  there was no way I could get the things done here that needed to
get done  before we left and also get to the Wolfe auction. What a
shame. I hope at  least some of that stuff got into good hands. Does
anyone know anything  about the outcome of that auction?

I did talk to Marilyn afterward, and she said they had a good turn out, and
 everything sold. A good part of it went to Nebraska (as 2 VW clubs came to
 bid on stuff), but some went to Kansas, WI, Minnesota, and Iowa. I heard
later, from someone who attended, that you could pluck items out of the
totes, and bid on just that, then the rest of the tote would literally go  for
pennies on the dollar. He said a lot of it went really cheap, he was buying
bus parts, along with a few water cooled bits. Marilyn's comment to me was
"at  least everything will be used, or re-sold by VW people", as that's what
 mostly showed up. She was surprised to see that many VW people come to the
 auction from both in and out of state, and buy stuff though.

I don't know how much she made off the auction, as it wasn't totaled up yet
 at the time I talked to her, but she was pleased with it, and now can move
 on.

They've still got some clean up to do to the property, but that's minor
compared to what was in the shop.The 2 buses, the Baja bug, and the 66
Fastback  also sold, as did Russ's downstairs office chair (she was really
surprised at  that one). ;-)

64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)