[T3] tires

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Mon Oct 29 16:39:29 PDT 2012

On 29 Oct 2012 at 14:39, alluringeyewear at comcast.net wrote:

> Hey group!  Coker tires now sell a Firestone F560 in size 165R15 for
> $80.00 each.

I had to look them up, because I had no idea what a Firestone F560
was. There's something odd going on here, because everywhere else,
the F560 is listed as a bias ply tire, but it comes up in Coker's
list of 165R15 tires....

The only 165SR15 Coker currently sells is the Michelin XZX, for $208.
They have others listed under 165R15 and 165HR15.

Brian's right. Coker buys the molds, so this will look just like the
real thing, but I have to wonder how close they bother with
duplicating the internal construction, rubber compound, and overall
quality.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org