[T3] tires

Mark Wolfe markw at wolfenet.org
Mon Oct 29 16:50:09 PDT 2012

On 10/29/2012 04:39 PM, Jim Adney wrote:
> On 29 Oct 2012 at 14:39, alluringeyewear at comcast.net wrote:
> I had to look them up, because I had no idea what a Firestone F560
> was. There's something odd going on here, because everywhere else,
> the F560 is listed as a bias ply tire, but it comes up in Coker's
> list of 165R15 tires....
>
> The only 165SR15 Coker currently sells is the Michelin XZX, for $208.
> They have others listed under 165R15 and 165HR15.
>
> Brian's right. Coker buys the molds, so this will look just like the
> real thing, but I have to wonder how close they bother with
> duplicating the internal construction, rubber compound, and overall
> quality.

Coker has a good reputation with the restoration crowd, from what I
understand they tend to do a modern carcass with the reproduction look.

Looks like they're aiming the F560 at the classic vw market.

If I was concerned about "stock" I'd probably go this route.

http://www.cokertire.com/firestone-f560

Mark