[T3] tires

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Tue Oct 30 05:19:12 PDT 2012

Maybe they do at that price - but without evidence, how can you tell?

In the UK we can order Michelin XZX in 165R15 but recently there was a delay
in supply while waiting for a batch to be produced.  Their advertising says
"Buy your 165R15 Michelin XZX tyres direct from the Michelin Classic Tyre
Distributors - Vintage Tyres". By not mentioning any other manufacturer, the
implication is that they are made by Michelin and distributed by Vintage
Tyres.  Their correspondence address is the National Motor Museum at
Beaulieu, UK, so I would hope there isn't any wool being pulled over our
eyes.   They're about the same price as in the USA.  I'll ask them if they
are made to the original specification, rubber mix etc to see what they say.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3&4 Club