[T3] Speaking of gas

Brian Fye bfye at canyonville.net
Tue Oct 30 09:07:25 PDT 2012

The drop is due to OPEC and the elections.  If they want and incumbent, the
price drops the last 4 weeks of an election cycle.  If they do not want the
incumbent, it climbs in the same period.  It is NOT a republican/democrat
thing, it is a "this is who fits us better this time" thing.  Been this way
since the 70s.

On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 9:04 AM, Gary Forsmo <gbforsmo at gmail.com> wrote:

> I just filled up the Type 3 with 91 (pure gas -- no ethanol) at the
> Kwik Trip in Oregon, WI for $3.699 per gallon.  The week before it was
> $3.899.
>
> I've been running the 91 all summer and getting better MPG (30.63)
> than I ever have since the car was new.
>
> I attribute some of the MPG to;
> 1)  my driving style,
> 2)  correct tire pressure,
> 3)  Jim A.'s adjustments.  :-)
>
> What really "gets my goat" is ULSD #2 clear Diesel for the motor home is
> $4.099.
>
> Gary "Frito" - '69 Variant, FI, MT
> Rockport, TX (winter)
> Lake Geneva, WI (summer)