[T3] Speaking of gas

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Tue Oct 30 16:19:48 PDT 2012

NY got raped with diesel a few years back, it was $1 more than premium, then
it finally went down.  Interesting to see that diesel is cheaper than gas in
some states and more expensive than gas in others... and it varies up and
down in a state... and its so much cheaper to refine it should be cheap!

Keith

I just filled up the Type 3 with 91 (pure gas -- no ethanol) at the
Kwik Trip in Oregon, WI for $3.699 per gallon.  The week before it was
$3.899.

I've been running the 91 all summer and getting better MPG (30.63)
than I ever have since the car was new.

I attribute some of the MPG to;
1)  my driving style,
2)  correct tire pressure,
3)  Jim A.'s adjustments.  :-)

What really "gets my goat" is ULSD #2 clear Diesel for the motor home is
$4.099.

Gary "Frito" - '69 Variant, FI, MT
Rockport, TX (winter)
Lake Geneva, WI (summer)