[T3] T3 12 V Clock

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Wed Oct 31 21:57:18 PDT 2012

On 31 Oct 2012 at 13:53, Chris Sheridan wrote:

> The clock in my 1970 fastback has been stuck at 5 o'clock since 1999 when I
> bought it, and probably before that.

I can probably fix it. I rebuild these for $30 plus return shipping.

> should I just use my watch?

That's a better way to keep track of time. Those early clocks never
kept very good time. To get good time out of these you should
probably re-set them every morning, and they're not temperature
compensated. I can usually put them back in their original condition,
meaning that they'll run, but not particularly well.

The late clocks, starting in '71, keep much better time, but I can't
always fix them. I got Dennis's '72 working astonishingly well, but
that really came as a surprise.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org