[T3] Crate's engine apart, mostly...

John Jaranson jaransont3 at comcast.net
Mon Sep 3 19:02:27 PDT 2012

On Sep 3, 2012, at 8:15 PM, Keith Park wrote:

> John, how did you setup that compression ratio? Did you cut the heads to do
> it?  Id love to keep the higher ratio as it has good low end but its not
> happy on even the 93 pump gas.

I fly-cut the heads to remove the step in them and clean-up the mating surface to the cylinders.  After cc'ing the heads and figuring all the other info, I cam up with 8.5:1 for the static compression ratio.  I did not make any other changes that I remember.  Stock cam, stock heads otherwise, stock Solex carbs, stock 66 distributor.  I have never had a problem with the 87 octane gas and I mash the gas and shift at 4k+ all the time.

Later,
John Jaranson
www.carartbyjohn.com