[T3] Update and next issue . . . brakes

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Wed Sep 5 23:07:44 PDT 2012

On 5 Sep 2012 at 21:36, Jacob Adam Schroeder wrote:

> The next issue on my agenda, and the reason my drive was cut short, was
> because the brakes felt a little unresponsive to me.

The first thing to keep in mind is that this is probably the first
car you have driven without power brakes in many years. But check the
brake fluid reservoir anyway, to make sure that both sides are filled
up to the seam.

The first thing to check would be to take the car out for a drive
where you don't use the brakes much, then stop and feel each drum and
rotor to see if any of them are hot. Be careful. If anything is
dragging, that disk or rotor can be hot enough to burn you badly. If
you have any hot ones, you have work to do, but you'll have to figure
out exactly what the problem is first.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org