[T3] Update and next issue . . . brakes

Jacob Adam Schroeder jacob.schroeder at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 07:13:55 PDT 2012

Surface rust could be the problem.  My disks have a fair amount of surface
rust on them and I can see where some of it is starting to come off after
my quick spin around the neighborhood.  I imagine with some use this will
wear off further and the brakes will feel more responsive.  I think I'll be
making a trip to the DMV to get the tags updated so I feel comfortable
leaving the neighborhood.

The fluid level is filled to the seam and my pedal travel is relatively
low.  I can depress the pedal only about an inch or so before I begin to
feel resistance and then, when I press down as hard as I can, it only gives
maybe another 1/2 - 1 inch.

I'll take it out on another spin and check the temperature of the
rotors/drums to see if anything feels excessively hot.

Jacob