[T3] Mahle 1500 pistons

Jens Vagelpohl jens at type4.org
Fri Sep 7 23:30:16 PDT 2012

On Sep 7, 2012, at 22:02 , Dave Hall <dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk> wrote:

> The SP section in my parts book doesn't admit what SP actually stands for.
> The ST section is called Standard Parts.  All of the SP section have parts
> numbers 3xx x98 xxx and a suffix letter sometimes. The third x is the group
> - eg 1 for engine, 8 for body.  They all appear to be sets of parts that may
> also be supplied separately - eg back-up light set or set of mouldings.

The parts codes with digits "98" in position 5 and 6 were always used for parts/repair kits. Those parts were still available separately but since they would almost always be ordered together, such as the oil strainer gaskets with the 6mm sump plate stud copper wahsers, they'd be grouped into a kit under a single parts number.

jens