[T3] Mahle 1500 pistons

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Fri Sep 7 19:34:05 PDT 2012

On 7 Sep 2012 at 20:37, Keith Park wrote:

> Looks like I have the smallest pistons, the 82.95mm blue code.
> They are stamped on the crown, SP 0,05mm and I don't know what that means
> but I inserted them in the barrels and they are the same size as the
> original domies, or damn close, certainly not .05mm different

Keep in mind that 0.05 mm is 0.002". That's a pretty small
difference. The thing to look for is a matching blue dot on the
topmost cylinder fin, facing the head. Those often persist, even
after quite a few years, but maybe not after this many years.

I think what we tend to find after all these years, are the smallest
pistons and the largest cylinders.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org