[T3] Generator for a new Generation

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Mon Sep 10 20:38:19 PDT 2012

On 10 Sep 2012 at 21:42, Dennis Stiefel wrote:

> Anyway the kids were great the installed it and then asked, how do we
> get the belt tension?  I explained it they looked at me kind of funny
> as to say "really!"  But they caught on quickly and got it done.  The
> only thing that concerned me was we had to get down to one shim for it
> to be tight enough.

Keep in mind that the belt tension should be pretty light. There's
very little load on it, and excess tension will just wear out the
belt, pulley, and drive end bearing. BTW, I replaced that bearing on
the generator I sold you. The old one was feeling pretty dry.

The original brush end bearing was fine.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org